Eli Bennett & Rosemary Siemens
Award-winning jazz saxophonist Eli Bennett and international violin sensation Rosemary Siemens have been wowing audiences across the globe with their beautiful melodies, innovative sound and electrifying performance style since joining forces as SaxAndViolin. Based in Vancouver, Canada, this husband and wife duo have performed countless private events and concerts around the world for companies such as Lamborghini, Rolls Royce, Microsoft, Bentley, Dell, and L’Oreal Paris. They’ve also performed for Canada’s Prime Minister on Parliament Hill, Hockey Night In Canada at Vancouver’s Roger’s Arena, and recently at The Vatican in Rome. Their debut album entitled Can’t Help Falling In Love (Instrumental Love Songs), Vol. 1, featuring songs that inspired their love story, released on Valentine’s Day, 2020, and debuted at #3 on the Canadian iTunes Charts.
Their music videos, including their recent cover of Lady Gaga’s hit-song “Shallow” from the movie A Star is Born, and Ed Sheeran’s hit-song “Perfect”, have also garnered over ten million views on Facebook and YouTube. Their unique ability to play any style of music and jump seamlessly through genres and eras while maintaining their signature sound have made them a hit with a wide range of audiences.
International violin sensation Rosemary Siemens has performed four times at New York’s Carnegie Hall and was the first violinist to ever perform at the Sistine Chapel at the Vatican since its inception in 1483. Rosemary has performed in over 25 countries, 40 U.S. States, for two U.S. Presidents and Canadian Prime Ministers, and recently won “Country/Gospel Album of the Year“ at Canada’s Gospel Music Awards. She also recently performed at Nashville’s legendary Grand Ole Opry for the Inspirational Bluegrass Awards for which she was nominated for three awards.
Internationally award-winning jazz saxophonist Eli Bennett is one of Canada’s most recognized saxophonists. He has performed twice at the GRAMMY Awards in Los Angeles, shared the stage with the likes of Oscar Peterson and the Neville Brothers, opened for the legendary pianist Herbie Hancock, and had one of the top jazz albums in Canada with his WCMA nominated “Jazz Album of the Year” debut, Breakthrough. Bennett has also received a Juno Award nomination for “Instrumental Album of the Year”.
Combined with their genuine warm personalities, extraordinary musical accomplishments and dazzling style, SaxAndViolin brings something more than just music – they make a lasting impression that leaves every audience wanting more.
Fun Facts About SaxAndViolin:
- The Vatican presented Rosemary with an official scroll in 2015 stating that she was the only violinist to have ever performed at the Sistine Chapel and St. Peter’s Basilica at the Vatican since its inception in 1483.
- Eli & Rosemary were both awarded Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee medals in 2013 for their contribution to the arts in Canada.
- Eli & Rosemary met in 2012 in the recording studio when Eli’s dad Daryl Bennett was producing Rosemary’s album.
- In 2015, Rosemary’s hometown of Plum Coulee, Manitoba, put up a sign in Rosemary’s honour reading “Plum Coulee, Home of Rosemary Siemens” To see Rosemary’s hometown watch her music video: https://youtu.be/fyrMyl0txAs
- In March 2016, Eli interrupted Rosemary’s concert in her hometown area of Southern Manitoba by entering from the back of the hall dressed in a white suit, playing Elvis’s song “Can’t Help Falling In Love” on his saxophone. He then came up to the stage and proposed to Rosemary. This was captured on video and went viral and was seen on CBC News, Yahoo and MSN with the headline “Is This Canada’s Best Proposal?” Watch the proposal: https://youtu.be/Q7cllgPBick
- In August 2016, Eli & Rosemary had a public wedding in the town square of Rosemary’s hometown of Plum Coulee, Manitoba. 1500 people attended and 50,000 watched on Facebook live. Watch the wedding: http://bit.ly/PublicWeddingInPlumCoulee
- In 2019, Eli & Rosemary played 175 shows in 100 cities all while Rosemary was pregnant. They kept the pregnancy a secret until the birth and they released the news with a video and song written for their son Theodore. Watch here: https://youtu.be/vEv4_7I2ngg
- On Valentine’s Day, 2020, Eli & Rosemary released their debut album together entitled Can’t Help Falling In Love (Instrumental Love Songs), Vol. 1, featuring songs that inspired their love story. The album debuted at #3 on the Canadian iTunes Charts.
- In late 2021, in advance of Queen Elizabeth II’s Platinum Jubilee, Eli & Rosemary recorded their version of “God Save The Queen” featuring a symphony orchestra and choir of over 400 parts featuring just the two of them. In early 2022, Eli & Rosemary received a letter of thanks from The Queen thanking them for their version of “God Save The Queen”. Watch the story on CTV Vancouver News: https://youtu.be/Unc9TLjr2Bw